Friday, March 12, 2021

Tsunami Warning

Tsunami warning 

Last Friday there was a tsunami warning. Before the alarm went off our whole school went to the top of the Totara Heights. When we were up there all Te Ngahere was calling our parents. Just by looking out at the ocean you could see all the rips in the water because the tide went out. At the start it was pretty horrific seeing all the boats go out to sea. Believe it or not the car ferry actually went out to the Nine Pin. When the school was up on the hill looking out at the majestic moana you could just see all the rocks at Motu Maire and Haystack.


When we were all at the top of Totara heights everyone was having fun with Gina’s brain quiz while I was just sunbathing on the footpath. After a couple hours some nice chefs gave us some delicious sausages. 

Have you ever experience  a tsunami warning?


3 comments:

  1. Hello Angus, My name is Samantha from Ahipara School. I think this was an interesting story and I really like the questing. I love how you got into detail and told us all about what happened and what had to be done. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora, Angus
    I like your piece of writing its very descriptive.
    Everything is good.
    KA PAI
    from ken,ahipara school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angus, My name is Cahlay and I go to Paihia School. I think this was an interesting story and I really like the quiz because I love how you got into it and added extra detail and told us all about what happened and what had to be done. Keep up the nice work!

    How long did it take to go away?

    ReplyDelete